CCCG supports SafeToC and is dedicated to providing an environment that is free from harassment, bullying, discrimination, and retaliation for all participants.
Anyone who observes or experiences such incidents should report them to the CCCG ToC advocate, Timothy Wylie (timothy.wylie[at]utrgv.edu).
Authors who submit papers to CCCG and have reason to believe that a potential reviewer may be unfairly and negatively biased, may report such a conflict of interest to the ToC advocate.
CCCG PC members and subreviewers will be instructed not to review papers of authors with whom they have a conflict of interest, in particular:
- Family member or close friend.
- Ph.D. advisor or advisee (no time limit), or postdoctoral or undergraduate mentor or mentee within the past five years.
- Person with the same affiliation.
- Person involved in an alleged incident of harassment. (It is not required that the incident be reported.)
- When a favour is owed (e.g., recently requested reference letter).
- When frequent or recent collaboration precludes objective assessment.